Egypt's Sisi craze goes to next level with "CC selfie" app
Egypt may become the next "selfie"-crazed capital of the world with the introduction of this new app that lets people snap photos of themselves with presidential frontrunner Abdel Fattah Al Sisi.
The fondly coined "CC Selfies app" lets users take photos of themselves at any location of their choice with Egypt's former military chief photoshopped-in..right by their side, according to The Cairo Scene.
CC selfie users can select from six different Sisi personas for their selfie photoshoot: If a full military-clothed Sisi just doesn't fit in so well at your beach selfie locale, users can choose from at least five alternative Sisi faces to choose from to include in your snapshot.
The app was created by Pretentious Apps earlier this year, and the developers are hoping that the app "launches a new online social media craze" using #ccselfie according to the Cairo Scene report (though, with recent reports on Sisi chocolate, pajamas and even underwear (!) being sold in Egypt's streets, perhaps the MENA country has long passed "CC" crazy already!)
- Love thy #selfie: What's behind the self-portrait trend sweeping the Middle East?
- That's no babe on a bike: It's Sisi! Egyptian leader bike pic goes viral
- All by myselfie: The Middle East and the rise of the solo photo craze
- Selfie Splash! Man in background of Lebanese newscast slips off a dock while taking a selfie
- Curbing energy use in Egypt? Yes, Cairo has a new app for that