Drunk in Qatar: Boozing expat's habits backfire after wife commits suicide on Skype
The woman had been talking via video chat to her husband, who is based in Qatar, and the couple were arguing over his drinking habit before the incident, according to Emirates24/7. The woman then turned the camera on herself, ensuring that he could see her hanging herself, police sources said.
According to an Emirates24/7 report, the woman had warned her husband that she would take her life if he did not give up the booze.
When seeing his wife making the suicide preparations on Skype, the unnamed husband desperately phoned friends and relatives in the vicitiny of their Sri Lankan home in a bid to thwart her suicide attempt, but the woman was dead before they arrived.
Eravur Police, who is investigating the case, contacted the husband in Qatar and has obtained his statement, Emirates24/7 said. The police said the couple had been frequently quarrelling on Skype over the husband's drinking problem and had one child together.
- He had it coming! Dubai man's three-way-sex with his 2 wives ends in divorce
- Yemeni woman: Saudi murder and a Sunday stroll
- Shamed Egyptian wife forced to cough up over $8,000 for 'virginity lie'
- Alco-cops arrest British woman at a boozy lunch in Abu Dhabi
- Oops! Saudi woman leaves husband after he compares her to his car