This cat is da bomb! Terrorists attempt to use cat as suicide bomber
Luckily, security forces removed the bomb and the cat was unharmed. (Shutterstock)
Curiosity killed the cat? Well, it was an explosive device that almost killed this one kitty in Iraq this week!
Police in Tikrit dismantled the time-bomb attached to the cat’s back, which was strapped on by gunmen in the Salahuddine Province.
An Iraqi security source released a press statement saying: “One of the counter-terrorism fighters in the Salahuddine Province found a cat in Tikrit with a highly-explosive device attached to its back. This is one of the terrorists’ failed attempts/tricks to attack our security forces.”
Iraq has been plagued by ongoing violence ever since the U.S.-led invasion toppled dictator Saddam Hussein. Luckily, the poor cat was left unharmed.
- Post-9/11, are suicide bombers heroes in Hollywood?
- Iraq suicide bomber kills 9 including 7 policemen in Tikrit
- Daesh sympathiser charged in suicide car bomb plot at US army base
- 14 dead in Damascus double suicide bomb
- Suicide bombing attack in Petah Tikva: two Israelis killed; Arafat condemns killings of civilians