Love in the time of war: Syrian man reunited with his son
The conflict in Syria has produced more horrible videos than perhaps any other in history. The footage that has reached a global audience through YouTube and other online video services has shown the horror, suffering and destruction that this two year long war has caused, and is still causing, every day.
At a point when even more strikes seem to be looming, it is a heartwarming relief, if only for a moment, to see a happy video from Syria, probably the first one in a very long time.
All parents can relate to the unimaginable grief of loosing a child - and the joy if it turned out to still be alive. Watch as this man from the southwestern Syrian town of Zamalka is reunited with his son who was believed to have been killed - like so many other Syrian children - in a recent military strike.
The father appears about a minute into the clip, which was posted by Syrian activists on Monday.
- Syrian rebel girl goes viral, singing for freedom with bombs in the background
- A family affair? Syrian minister father disowns dead rebel son
- Unacceptable brutality: Rebel soldiers in Syria throw their enemies’ corpses off a building.
- The American face of Syria's revolution: Ghassan Hitto voted interim PM
- Caught on camera: July Youtube video sparks fresh UAE libel law debates