The Syrian government is preparing to launch something new...and no, it is not exactly a rocket....
Syria's government approved the bill to form the country's proposed space agency Tuesday (Shutterstock)
Forget the war, Assad has his eyes on something else these days: building a space agency.
Yes, you read right.
Syria's state news agency SANA did not describe details of the proposed agency, only saying that the project was one "of a scientific nature."
Perhaps this month's Russian government visit to Damascus to allegedly award President Bashar Al Assad honorary membership to Moscow's Royal Academy of Sciences "for strengthening Syria-Russian relations" is really starting to get to the Syrian leader's ego….Space Race 2014 edition?!
- In case of attack, Iran will target Gulf states, Iraq, Jordan and Israel
- Assad: Syria preparing for war
- Lahoud: Lebanon Has No Interest To Open New Front With Israel; Members of PFLP-GC Arrested; Hizbullah, Israel Clash
- Hezbollah to recieve "game changing" weapons from Syria in aftermath of Israeli strike
- The coup attempt that started a war: Israel’s invasion of Lebanon, its causes and consequences