The Syrian government is preparing to launch something new...and no, it is not exactly a rocket....
Forget the war, Assad has his eyes on something else these days: building a space agency.
Yes, you read right.
Syria's state news agency SANA did not describe details of the proposed agency, only saying that the project was one "of a scientific nature."
Perhaps this month's Russian government visit to Damascus to allegedly award President Bashar Al Assad honorary membership to Moscow's Royal Academy of Sciences "for strengthening Syria-Russian relations" is really starting to get to the Syrian leader's ego….Space Race 2014 edition?!
- Changing the game plan: now the FSA get missiles
- Did the Russian let the cat out the bag: The Lion to bow out?
- He's on a boat! Bashar al Assad allegedly living on a Russian warship
- Cool on Syrian unrest, President Assad is 'dealing with it'
- Iran will soon send one of these four lucky animals into outer space