Teenage girl travels to Syria to fight
Prosecutors in France charged two women with complicity in criminal association in relation to a terrorist undertaking on Friday, according to AFP.
The two are being charged because of their relation to a 15 year old girl who recently disappeared. The girl reportedly stayed with two women briefly before heading to Syria to fight alongside jihadist rebels.
It is estimated that as many as 700 French nationals have possibly joined the fighting in Syria.
Another four people were also recently charged in France this week for attempting to arrange travel plans to Syria.
- Are women being kidnapped and forced to perform "sexual jihad" in Syria?
- Little girl takes Saudi driving challenge
- Syria's neighbors dragged into conflict: Jordan's border villages hit
- Internet dating for rebels: British women flocking to Syria's sexual jihad
- Rebel with a cause: an American joins the fight against Assad