Syrian convicted teen prostitute to be deported from Gulf
A teenage girl will be deported after the Dubai Juveniles Court yesterday convicted her of working as a prostitute and having consensual sex with strangers for money.
The Juveniles Court convicted 17-year-old Syrian, A.T., based on prosecution evidence, which showed that police raided a flat being run as a brothel as part of a sting operation and caught her red handed with an informant.
A.T.’s case is connected to another of a 48-year-old Emirati woman, who has been accused of running the brothel where the teenager was apprehended for prostitution.
A.T. was prosecuted before the Juveniles Court as per the Criminal Procedures Law which says juveniles cannot be prosecuted before the Court of First Instance.
Separately, prosecutors accused S.M. of running the brothel in Al Mutainah, employing A.T. and other women in prostitution and pocketing the money for herself. She was additionally charged with having consensual sex with a 33-year-old Iranian visitor.
According to court records, an Emirati policeman testified that an informant agreed with S.M. to have sex with A.T. for Dh2,000.
- "I'm just a gigolo" : Male prostitute jailed over online profile in Dubai
- Dubai housemaid attempts abortion with herbal remedy
- Woman jailed for selling newborn baby in Dubai
- Bahrain brothel gone awry: Female pimp gets 10 years in the slammer for her Gulf sex-trafficking ring
- Three Years for Two Men from Loving Under One Tree