Having a birthday blast: the terrorist greeting card
A greeting card company is facing mounting criticism after it depicted a Muslim doll as a terrorist in one of its birthday cards.
The card shows a female doll dressed in a pink hijab, saying things like ‘Pull string for message IF YOU DARE!’ and ‘She’ll love you to death!', insinuating that the innocent-looking child is in fact a suicide bomber.
It appears that the birthday card is based on an actual doll, marketed to girls in the Arab world. The Aamina Muslim doll speaks Arabic phrases when the string in her back is pulled.
The card is produced by NobleWorks Inc, with the company motto printed on the back of the card - “modern cards for modern people.”
- Newly veiled hijabi-Barbie dolls hit Egypt's shops for Prophet's birthday
- UAE goes "big" for National Day with attempt to make world's largest greeting card
- Dubai's cool kids start their shopping sprees early: 'baby' credit cards launched for under 21s
- Dodgy nightclub ID lands Moroccan woman in Dubai jail
- Barbie goes Beiruti! J Lo doll to be immortalised in Zuhair Murad miniature gown