Tunisian punishment NOT fitting for crime: man flips his homework lid, kills kids and flees
In a growing trend that concerns family health advocates, television has become an influential source for kids of all ages. [flickr]
Hey kids, next time your parents tell you to do your homework instead of watching TV, ignoring their request may be the last thing you do.
Police are still searching for a 40 year old Tunisian father who murdered his two kids. According to local Tunisian radio station Shams FM, the children were watching TV instead of doing their homework.
The father allegedly beat his children to death before running off from his home in Al-Qayrawan District. The children were Sufian, ten years old and Myriam who was eight.
This is not the first instance of a parent killing their child over school related issues although crimes of high emotion involving sons or daughters usually stem from social pride and how those children are perceived in the community.
In Bangalore, a man killed his eight year old daughter for not answering revision questions on her homework. The coroner’s reports stated that she was beaten with a rolling pin. In another instance in India, a father beheaded his own daughter as an honor killing after he understood her to be exhibiting promiscuous behavior around town.
- You better do your homework, kids, or else you will be eating animal feed for lunch in this Egyptian school
- Not exactly Care Bears and moonbeams: Tunisian kid's magazine posts recipe for Molotov cocktail
- Big Brother and mom and dad are watching you in Dubai: trackers fitted to kids
- Report: Police beat Tunisian to death in front of his parents
- Palestinian Old Man Beaten by Own Kids Kills Himself