I love you to death: Turkish man on dating show reveals killing wife and lover
A 62-year-old Turkish man looking for love on a dating television show admitted he killed his first wife as well as another lover.
Sefer Calinak was a contestant on The Luck of the Draw, a dating show on Turkey's Flash TV network.
He admitted he had a troubled love life, saying he killed his first wife, whom he married when they were both 17.
"Her behavior changed. The nephew of the man who wanted to marry her started to come to our village. I was jealous and I killed her, in a way," Calinak said.
He went to prison for the murder, but was freed after serving more than four years of a 13-year sentence.
Calinak married a second time, but separated from that wife and began having an affair with a married woman. She backed out of a promise to divorce her husband for him and the two got into a fight.
"I killed her after she tried to kill me," he said. "She was accidentally killed when I swung the ax."
"Bad luck always found me," he added. "In spite of everything, I still want to get married. This time I'll leave it to God."
The producer of the show said Calinak was allowed on the show because he had served his sentence for his crimes.
By Danielle Haynes
- Turkish man goes on dating show, confesses to killing two of his wives
- 8-year-old Yemeni child dies at hands of 40-year-old husband on wedding night
- Egyptian TV presenter kills his wife
- Israel's Gains from Vittorio's death Won't stop the intellectual intifada
- Turkish husband fined for telling wife "I don't love you!"