Twist and shout: World's biggest 'twisting' building opens in Dubai
The world's tallest 'twisting' building, the Infinity Tower, was officially opened in Dubai Marina earlier this week.
This building has gained international recognition due to its remarkable features. Not only does it twist 90 degrees, it's funky shape has an ecological element - its shape reduces wind forces on the tower. Clever!
Its completion has taken eight years and is made up of 570 residential units (including 495 apartments) as well as retail spaces and a spa.
It has 75 storeys and is a whopping 307 meters tall. It's unusual design was the brainchild of another Dubai landmark - the world's tallest tower, the Burj Khalifa.
- Get high in Dubai: Emirates hosts "Tallest Block in the World"
- Tom Cruise Leaves Mark on World's Tallest Building
- D'oh! Homer Simpson gets cozy with the Burj Khalifa on "The Simpsons"
- Holy Burj Khalifa! Residents must fast longer with three different Iftar zones
- UAE snaps up 103 winners in 2014 Guiness World Records