Bleach or wax Sir? Moustache gives away cross-dresser on UAE Ladies Day
A man donned an abaya to pretend to be a woman so he could visit a park in the UAE on 'ladies day' and perv, cops have said.
Sharjah Police said an Arabic woman who was friends at a park in the emirate called the emergency services when she spotted the man in women’s clothing.
An official statement from Sharjah Police said a patrol went to the park and arrested the Indian man for crossdressing. The man, who had a moustache, was wearing a black abaya and had covered his face with a headscarf.
An official at Sharjah Police said: “The suspect was caught wearing women’s clothes. The park was exclusively for women on that day.
“He was walking around the park in the abaya enjoying his time there.”
During their investigations police discovered the man did not have a visa to be staying in the Emirates.
He has been referred to Sharjah Public Prosecution and will be charged with crossdressing and staying illegally in the country.
Sharjah Police warned people to adhere to decency laws and respect the laws of the UAE.
What do you think of this story - should there have been stricter security at the park? How severe should the man's punishment be? Leave us your comments below!
- Abu Dhabi's fairer sex calls for the right to sunbathe: 'Open the Ladies' beach'
- A hug a day keeps the wallet away! UAE man's wallet stolen after cuddle from abaya-clad woman
- American in Arabia Wants to Inject Some Estrogen into the Brotherhood
- Women of Afghanistan: fully veiled but opting for nose jobs
- Yemeni woman: Saudi murder and a Sunday stroll