Nobody puts baby in a corner! Nine-month-old girl wins $40,000 worth of gold in Dubai raffle
Dubai: The father of nine-month-old baby, Dyuthi Shiju, could not believe his ears when he was told over the phone that his daughter won one kilogramme of gold worth around Dh148,000 (over $40,000) last Wednesday.
“This is the first time in my life that I have won anything, let alone one kilo of gold,” said Shiju Puthalath, an Indian, the father of the lucky little girl.
Puthalath had bought golden bangles for his wife from a Dubai Shopping Festival participating store.
When filling in the raffle coupons, he wrote down the names of all his family member, including his baby daughter, in hopes that one of them would win.
“My daughter ended up being the lucky winner. I have tried many times to enter the DSF raffles but it was in vain, so I was in disbelief after receiving the phone call and was only convinced after getting the gold.”
Puthalath wants to keep the gold until his daughter is old enough to decide what she wishes to do with it.
During DSF, shoppers will get a chance to bring home one kilogramme of gold or a one-carat diamond ring every day for 32 days.
Gold and diamond lovers who purchase gold worth Dh500 at any participating outlet in the city will be entitled to one raffle coupon for a chance to win the one kilogramme gold and a diamond solitaire ring.
- Emiratis will add gold to anything! Dubai cafe serves 22 carat gold tea
- A pound of flesh for an ounce of gold: Dubai’s heavies shed fat for gold in diet challenge
- Your weight in gold, battling Dubai obesity
- Would-be grooms feel the heat as jewelers raise summer prices
- Beggar bling! This KSA "pauper" worth $800,000 is giving her gold to a good cause....