UAE Family Commits Suicide over Financial Crisis
Three members of an Indian family allegedly committed suicide by hanging themselves in their house in Ras Al Khaimah, Brig. Abdullah Khamis Al Hadidi, director of the Criminal Investigation Department (CID), said on Saturday.
Al Hadidi said that the three — a 44-year-old father and, his 31-year-old wife and their 8-year-old daughter - died in their house in one area of Ras Al Khaimah.
Financial problems were cited as the reason for the mass suicide, according to information collected by police team through the investigation, Al Hadidi added.
Al Hadidi said that the operation room of RAK police received a tip that an awful smell was emanating from the family's neighbour’s house and that the family members have been missing for a long time, Al Hadidi said.
Police rushed to the house in Ras Al Khaimah where they found the three members of the family dead. The three bodies were found hanging in the ceiling of a house, in separate rooms, Al Hadidi said.
The bodies were in decay and decomposed, Al Hadid explained.
By Aghaddir Ali
- Financial Statement? Worker Publicly Hangs Himself from Billboard in Al Ain
- Drunk in Qatar: Boozing expat's habits backfire after wife commits suicide on Skype
- Rest in Peace: Jordanian boy commits suicide after school bullying
- Mama milked this marriage dry: Saudi man commits suicide after learning fiancé breast-fed by his mother
- Hunt launched for maid after baby’s body found in garbage bin