UAE snaps up 103 winners in 2014 Guiness World Records
The tallest man-made structure. The world’s largest mall. The most environmentally friendly city. Just three of the 103 records that the UAE holds in the new edition of the world's best-selling book, Guinness World Records 2014.
In the past five years, record applications from the UAE have grown 130 per cent, and the number of world record holders has grown 171 per cent.
As well as the ‘tallest man-made structure’ gong, the Burj Khalifa holds the award for the highest restaurant - At.mosphere, on level 122. At more than 12 million sq ft, Dubai Mall is the world’s largest mall.
The automated car park at Emirates Financial Towers is the largest on earth -it can store 1,191 cars. And the world’s greenest city is Masdar City in Abu Dhabi, the world’s first carbon neutral and zero-waste city.
- Jordan Scores a Guinness for Sand Tower
- Dubai’s Divas come out for the Derby: Horse race World Cup 2014 brings out the stallions of fashion
- Trophies, tears and tantrums: the winners and losers of the Abu Dhabi Film Festival
- Samsung and Dubai Confidential want to see you “Happy”
- The Michael Jackson concert was a spectacle of DSF 2014