UAE snaps up 103 winners in 2014 Guiness World Records
The tallest man-made structure. The world’s largest mall. The most environmentally friendly city. Just three of the 103 records that the UAE holds in the new edition of the world's best-selling book, Guinness World Records 2014.
In the past five years, record applications from the UAE have grown 130 per cent, and the number of world record holders has grown 171 per cent.
As well as the ‘tallest man-made structure’ gong, the Burj Khalifa holds the award for the highest restaurant - At.mosphere, on level 122. At more than 12 million sq ft, Dubai Mall is the world’s largest mall.
The automated car park at Emirates Financial Towers is the largest on earth -it can store 1,191 cars. And the world’s greenest city is Masdar City in Abu Dhabi, the world’s first carbon neutral and zero-waste city.
- Going for gold! Dubai shooting for world record with New Year's fireworks display
- Get high in Dubai: Emirates hosts "Tallest Block in the World"
- Serial record breakers: Dubai attempts to make history with mass breakfast
- Damascus mural sets world record and brightens everyone's day
- Emirati girl breaks paper doll record