Let it Snow, Let it Snow: UAE, Jordan team up for next "Alexa" blizzard
The UAE has provided 22 heavy machines for snow removal to Jordan, at a cost of more than Dh15.5 millions.
The gesture comes as per directives from General Shaikh Mohammad Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Abu Dhabi Crown Prince and Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces, to help Jordanian people, who are currently experiencing harsh weather conditions, affecting the living conditions of residents. There is an accumulation of snow on highways and other areas.
The directives reflect the existing strong relations between the two fraternal peoples, thanks to the keenness of President His Highness Shaikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Al Nahyan and King Abdullah II of Jordan to boost these relations.
The initiative comes in the light of the UAE’s contribution to supporting the Jordanians to overcome the unusual weather conditions, facilitate transportation, alleviate their economic and social repercussions and ensure safety of road users.
The heavy machines will work on removing snow from main roads to ease transportation interruption and ensure the safety of residents. The equipment also represent an important support to civil defence authorities in Jordan to counter any unexpected weather conditions.
- UAE residents splash the cash on faux snowmen and fake flakes for a white Christmas
- Hi-Ho, off to work his majesty goes: Hashemite hero helps Jordanians dig cars from snowy streets
- Apple Previews Mac OS X Snow Leopard to Developers
- Predictions of snow in Abu Dhabi…
- Xbox 360 launches biggest blockbuster games and entertainment