UAE National Day Tragedy: Red Crescent Director falls to death repairing UAE flag
The director of the Ras Al Khaimah Emirates Red Crescent died in hospital on Sunday after falling from his roof while putting up a UAE flag to celebrate National Day.
The Emirati man, Mohammad Zaid Al Shehi, who was in his fifties and lived in Al Heel, sustained a head injury and was taken to Saqr Hospital. He was due to be transferred to Khalifa Hospital but died shortly after the impact. He was his family’s sole breadwinner.
Ras Al Khaimah Police have launched an investigation into the incident.
Funeral prayers were held at Al Heel mosque after Maghrib prayers.
- Police hunt for parents of prayer room Christmas miracle baby in UAE
- MERS suspected in death of doctor in Riyadh
- Jordan: Protester’s death caused by heart failure - expert
- Hunt launched for maid after baby’s body found in garbage bin
- A warm felt nod from the desert for actor 'Lawrence of Arabia': Peter O'Toole, dead at age 81