UAE flying high with record breaking skydive
According to statement issued on March 10 (Sunday), Skydive Dubai worked in collaboration with Balloon Adventures UAE to come up with a plan in an attempt to break the World Records.
They achieved their goals after two weeks of planning and the records were broken on the 10th February 2013.
“It took us two weeks planning and preparing all the scenarios that might happen and our reaction to it, we needed the weather to be perfect to proceed,” explained Mike Howard Skydive Dubai Air Balloon Pilot.
The first record was broken when 40 people parachuted from a balloon.
They broke the record for most skydivers to parachute from a balloon during the same flight.
The second record broken was for most skydivers to parachute from a balloon simultaneously. They achieved this with 25 divers who jumped out of the balloon at the same time.
“We had no idea what will happen on the balloon, the balloon may be distorted, it may rock, we had no idea when the balloon will stabilize” said Raul Bocanegra, Skydive Dubai Desert Campus Manager.
Ultimately, “All records are meant to be broken” stated Bocanegra.
- 86-year-old swaps senior bus pass for ticket to the record books as SkyDive Dubai's oldest daredevil
- Iraq dives over the edge.... into a new world record!
- Daredevil grandpa heads to Dubai for his sky high "safe" jump
- Breaking the silence: Confessions of IDF soldiers
- Breaking the sound barrier: Iran's gag order fails to silence hero pilot