The new UK fad: Camel racing?!
Camel racing attracts hundreds of visitors to the Gulf every year (File Archive)
It may be one of the oldest sports in the world, but in this unlikely UK locale, camel racing is the latest "new trend" that are making heads turn and residents gear up for the races.
According to the Daily Mail, camel racing has arrived in the UK's rural Somerset, attracting hundreds of spectators this week.
The humped-back animals made their UK debut at the annual Cotley Point to Point steeplechase that is held at Cotley Farm near Chard, with four racing for the win in this year's event.
- A new set of wheels: Man rides camel through Qatar Burger King
- Meet the smiling Egyptian camel who definitely isn't in a hump about posing for a selfie
- Forget the octopus! MENA has its own creature predictor for World Cup 2014!
- Al-Fares Dubai 2002 to be biggest equine fair in the Middle East
- Brilliance Of The Seas To Make Historic Aqaba Visit