A UN Preoccupied with Palestine Petition Urges Yemini Parties to halt violence
UN envoy to Yemen Jamal bin Omar called Monday on all Yemeni parties involved in fighting to end hostilities, currently taking place in the capital.
The UN official said heavy clashes and violence spreading various parts of the capital, noting that such conditions would not help efforts exerted to end the conflict.
Bin Omar, who arrived in surprise visit to the Yemeni capital, said in earlier remarks that he began political talks with all parties involved, including the ruling-party, however no agreement was reached.
"We have discussed many issues to end the crisis, there are premature ideas to end the crisis which are based on the GCC initiative and peaceful transfer of power," Omar added.
- Israeli Army Penetrates Palestinian Village, Arrests 11; DFLP, Syria Reject Arafat’s Call for Halt to Violence
- UN envoy arrives in Yemen amidst heavy fighting
- Amnesty Int'l Calls for Observers in Palestine; Young Woman Killed in Israeli Re-Occupation
- Yemen PM calls for involvement in UN reforms
- US House Condemns Palestinian Leadership for Promoting ‘Violence’