Two brides, One groom: We all know this isn't going to end well
Hundreds of guests attended what could be Saudi Arabia’s first wedding involving one groom and two brides - at the same time.
Readers of this report could be surprised but the guests were not as they knew the secret.
Although both brides had their wedding dresses on, one of them has just been married while the other has been the groom’s wife for nearly five years.
So what is the secret?
It is that the groom was encouraged by his first wife to marry again so he will get children as she has been infertile since their marriage.
The reluctant husband finally agreed and the new wife was even picked by his first wife. After the new marriage contract was finalised by the Maazoun (Islamic scholar) and the wedding date was set, the first wife began to feel sick.
“She was later told that she was pregnant,” the Saudi Arabic language daily Al Jazeira said in a report from the western Saudi town of Taif.
“But she insisted that her husband should go ahead with his second marriage. She then donned a wedding dress and joined the second wife for the wedding party to celebrate her husband’s marriage and her pregnancy.”
- Saudi man finds himself married after going through with a dare by his friends
- Oops! Saudi woman leaves husband after he compares her to his car
- Saudi marriage up in smoke after wife divorces husband over cigarette sins
- Nuptial nightmare: Saudi groom thrown in prison for assaulting bride's family at his own wedding
- Avoiding Divorce: Prevention guide brief based on UAE mishaps!