Country where left is right garbles Arabic: UK mall's jumbled welcome to Arab Olympians
London 2012 receives the world into Westfield Shopping Centre, Stratford
A shopping centre in the UK printed a welcome message for the Arabic athletes coming for the Olympics in their native language that reads backwards.
According to the Daily Express, the Westfield Shopping Centre printed an Arabic welcome, "nodnoL ot emoclew", which originally should have read 'Welcome to London'.
The same error was repeated on the t-shirts of many of the helpers working in the shopping centre.
"It is cringe-worthy," Chris Doyle of the Council for Advancing Arab-British Relations, said.
- Introducing Qatar uni's latest member of staff: A multilingual robotic receptionist
- Saudi as world human rights watch? Now they accuse Myanmar of 'ethnic cleansing'
- Recap: How are the Gulf's investments doing in North Africa's Arab Spring economies?
- British Labour MP George Galloway tells <i>Al Bawaba</i> Arab movement mobilizing for his defense
- Here are the details you won’t hear about Syria’s broken health system, and the doctor trying to save it