DIY AK-47's in Yemen: Not just for killing anymore
Kalashnikovs are not just for shooting and killing, they can also jump start your car; this is what some Yemeni police struggling with their unreliable cars have discovered.
Al Arabiya News Channel on Monday aired a video showing two Yemeni policemen linking batteries of two vehicles through their Kalashnikovs to get one of the cars working.
Yemen, which has a population of more than 23 million people, has 50 million personal firearms according to estimates.
The Yemeni authorities have confiscated 246,000 illegal weapons in different governorates.
- Yemen ranks second in weapons possession, losing out to the US
- Yemen's women protestors fight back after leading politician "insults" them
- Black burka widows: Why are Yemeni women killing their husbands?
- The Yemeni Jewish Community speaks up
- Not just for girls: Yemeni men get their skinny jeans and fauxhawks on