Against all odds, Yemen is "Happy"! Pharrell Williams video craze gets war-torn Gulf state dancing
The Happy video craze has finally come to Yemen, a war-torn country and one of the poorest nations in the Middle East.
The video shows men, women and children dancing joyfully to the song Happy by Pharrell Williams. Some of the video's dancers include women in headscarves, as well as the niqab, a type of headscarf that covers the entire face except for the eyes, along with young women without headscarves.
The video ends with a bold message: "Despite the difficulties, our happiness will never cease."
It has been viewed almost 90,000 times in the 48 hours since it was first posted on Friday.
- All of the Middle East is Happy!
- Tunisia gets "Happy" with Pharrell
- Iranians 'happy' dance ends in lashes, jail time, but it's suspended ... for now
- Not so happy: Six Iranians arrested for posting version of Pharrell's hit song on YouTube
- I'm happy: Video of British Muslims dancing to Pharrell’s “Happy” hits over half a million views on YouTube, but is it haram?