‘Citizen, Detective, Thief’ to Compete in Egypt’s Fitr Feast Film Season
The new Egyptian film Muwaten wa Mukhber wa Harami (Citizen, Detective and Thief) by Daoud Abdel Sayyed will enter the competition of the Egyptian Fitr Feast season, according to local press.
The film director/writer has decided to screen his film at the Egyptian theaters during next Fitr Feast.
Costarring in the film Khaled Abul Naga, pop singer Shaaban Abdel Rehim, Salah Abdullah and Hind Sabri.
The light comedy depicts a variety of cultural and social Egyptian norms through the unlikely gathering of three different segments of society: a regular citizen (played by Abul Naga), a detective (played by Abdullah), and a thief (played by Abdel Rehim).
However, Adel Sayyed has recently withdrawn the film from the formal competition of the Damascus Film Festival, objecting to the festival committee's oversight in not sending invitations to co-stars Abdel Rehim and Abdullah – Albawaba.com
© 2001 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Is ‘Muwatin wa Mukhbir wa Harami’ New Adaptation of ‘Unbearable Lightness of Being’?
- Salah Abdulla to Star in ‘Fame Crazy’
- Shaaban Abdel Rehim to Show Michael Jackson that Mideast Politics Ain’t Kiddin’ Around
- Daoud Abel Sayyed Wins Dispute with Scissors Brigade
- Feasts Season Fails to Rescue Theaters in Egypt