‘Government Letter’ Requires Three Director's Chairs
Egyptian writer Medhat Yousef has finished scripting the new comedy series Gawab Gumhouri (Government Letter), which will be directed by three people as a sort of film industry first.
Directors Hamdi Al Abrashi, Mohammed Abdel Nabi and Mohammed Al Helmi are set to share the helm.
The series recounts 15 different stories about family problems by following a couple who move between many houses, meeting people with various professions.
Yousef has also finished scripting the new comedy play Infigar (Explosion), which musters a monster cast of 34 characters.
Actor Ahmed Rateb has been nominated to star in the play, which tells the story of a young man who graduates from the university and dedicates himself to finding solutions to social problems with the help of a senior official and a rich friend.
Meanwhile, Yousef’s play Hilo Wa Kaddab (Pretty and Liar) has been filmed recently, and will be screened on Egyptian TV. Costarring in the play are Said Saleh, Ashraf Abdel Baqi and Wafaa Amer – Albawaba.com
- Sawsan Bader to Mix Justice, Idealism, Greed and Chuckles
- His Excellency Mr Ahmed Al Mansoori, Director General and Vice Chair of the Board of Directors
- Petition to prosecute US senators over Iran letter reaches goal
- UN Appoints Abu-Ghazaleh Chair of UN Global alliance for ICT and Development
- Development Bank increases capital three folds to $150 billion