‘Saqr Quraish’: First Common Arab Spanish Drama
The prominent Syrian director Najdat Anzour is preparing for an upcoming historical series which depicts the life history of the Andalusi Khalifa Abdel Rahman al Dakhel who is called Saqr Quraish.
The series will be produced by a number of Arab TV production companies and a Spanish one, to be the first common Arab-Spanish TV production, according to the daily al Bayan.
Costarring in the series a number of Arab stars including, Rashid Assaf (who will play the role of Abdel Rahman al Dakhel), Jihad Saad, Raghda (from Syria), Fadi Ibrahim, Antwan Kurbaj (from Lebanon) and other actors and actresses from Kuwait and Morocco.
The location of the new huge production will include Spain, Morocco and Syria.
The series was scripted by Mahmoud Abdel Karim in his second meeting with the director Anzour, as they work together in the Syrian series al Bahth A’n Salahiddin (Search for Saladin) which depicts the life history of the leader Salahiddin al Ayyoubi. The episodes were screened on a number of Arab TV channels during last Ramadan – Albawaba.com
- After Saladin: Hatem Ali shoots Eagle of Quraish
- First Syrian Iraqi Series Depicts al Mutanabbi’s Life
- Two Syrian Series on Salahiddin Al Ayyoubi Screened Simultaneously
- Animated film "The Prophet of Mercy" portrays Prophet Mohamed post-Charlie Hebdo
- Here's what's going on in Egypt this week: Apri 27-May 4