58 Films Participate in First UAE Film Festival
The two-day first UAE Film Festival concludes its closing ceremony Thursday. The festival was held at the Cultural Foundation, Abu Dhabi, under the title "Movies from the Emirates,” according to Gulf News.
The festival screened 58 movies made by talented UAE students from Abu Dhabi Women's College.
The films included long and short narratives and documentaries, as well as commercial and abstract films. Two of these were screened at a film festival in Doha last month.
“Still we Struggle” is a documentary about the Palestinian situation and is made by a junior at the Communication Technology, Salwa al-Suwaidi, while “Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow” is a comedy by a sophomore, Salama al-Hamad – Albawaba.com
© 2001 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Women's College Documentaries Chosen for Arab Film Festival
- Calling all filmmakers: Egypt's Ismailia fest wants you!
- Palestinian Children to Attend Cairo International Festival for Children’s Movies
- Muscat Fest Concluded with Promise to Shoot First Omani Film
- Palestinian Uprising Top Theme at Qatar's First Film Festival