58 Films Participate in First UAE Film Festival
The two-day first UAE Film Festival concludes its closing ceremony Thursday. The festival was held at the Cultural Foundation, Abu Dhabi, under the title "Movies from the Emirates,” according to Gulf News.
The festival screened 58 movies made by talented UAE students from Abu Dhabi Women's College.
The films included long and short narratives and documentaries, as well as commercial and abstract films. Two of these were screened at a film festival in Doha last month.
“Still we Struggle” is a documentary about the Palestinian situation and is made by a junior at the Communication Technology, Salwa al-Suwaidi, while “Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow” is a comedy by a sophomore, Salama al-Hamad – Albawaba.com
© 2001 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Muscat Fest Concluded with Promise to Shoot First Omani Film
- 4 films from Dubai International Film Festival, Gulf Film Festival screening at prestigious Hot Docs festival in Canada
- 4th Gulf Film Festival hosts students from UAE universities on tour of the sets of Emirati film "Djinn"
- Arab Film Festival Australia 2011 to screen 12 films from Dubai International Film Festival
- Syrian short film makes history at 65th Cannes festival, with help from Dubai International Film Festival