Abbas Al Nouri says no to Egyptian drama
Syrian actor Abbas Al Nouri, who has refused to take part in Egyptian dramas, recently made daring implications that Egyptians have closed their doors to other Arab actors to try and beat their competition.
According to the Kuwaiti newspaper Al Watan, Al Nouri does not deny that Egypt is the center of Arab art and culture, yet they have ceased to produce new actors. Drama depends upon the ability of actors, he added.
Al Nouri stated that the Syrian cinema has employed Egyptian actors since its establishment, but as of late Egyptian actors are feeling threatened by Syrian actors.
Al Nouri also said that he has received many offers from Egyptian channels, but declined since “they were not right for me.” Other Syrian actors have agreed to star in Egyptian dramas, like Jamal Suleiman, Tim Hasan and Hatem Ali.
Al Nouri received an award for ‘best actor in the Syrian Ramadan drama series “Bab Al Harah,” (The Neighborhood’s Gate) aired on MBC during the holy month of Ramadan.
- The dynamic duo: Bassem Kousa & Abbas al-Noury join forces 8 years on
- Taim Hasan flirts with his 'hawkish' side for Ramadan
- Will the real Abbas Al Nouri please stand up? Actor validates his official social media accounts via voice-note!
- "The Neighborhood Gate" welcomes Abbas Al Nouri's 'dead' character back to the hood!
- Syrian drama heavyweights Abbas Al Nouri and Basel Khayat join forces