An 'Act of Congress' brings music to the UAE
Act of Congress, a U.S. musical group based in Birmingham, Alabama that specialises in playing acoustic instruments across several genres of music, will be visiting the UAE from September 28th to October 4th as part of a tour sponsored by the U.S. Mission to the United Arab Emirates. While in the UAE, Act of Congress will perform their unique acoustic style repertoire for audiences in Abu Dhabi, Dubai, and the northern Emirates.
The band toured Saudi Arabia in the summer of 2013, appearing on TV and at various embassy functions, but this is their first visit to the UAE. Their tour is part of the cultural outreach programming of the U.S. Mission to the UAE. The mission promotes US - UAE mutual understanding through a range of academic, cultural, professional, and sports exchange programmes. Working in cooperation with public and private partners throughout the UAE, the US Embassy in Abu Dhabi and the US Consulate-General in Dubai support programmes that reflect the depth and breadth of the US - UAE diplomatic relationship.
- Local Egyptian rocker Mahmoud opens US rock band Filligar's concert in Kuwait
- Ziad Al Rahabani completes tour in Abu Dhabi
- New York City’s “Clinton Curtis Band” makes Saudi debut through messages of positivity and hope
- Taking over the stage: Maii Waleed set to perform unconventional music in Egypt
- Full of fat and indie music: 'Salalem' and 'High on Body Fat' to perform at Genaina