Actress Sues Shaaban Abdel Rehim for Photo, Plans Second Suit for Ignorance of ‘My Point of View’
Egyptian actress Wafaa Amer is suing pop singer Shaaban Abdel Rehim and his son, demanding 500,000 pounds in damages for a poster with photos of actress and Abdel Rehim’s son Issam headlined: Wait for the Duo, Issam and Wafaa Amer.
Amer told the London-based daily Al Sharq Al Awsat that Abdel Rehim had “his own way” of achieving fame, to the extent that all his current albums were about Israel and America.
The actress said: “I don’t know anything about the album released by Shaaban's son and I have never met him in my life.”
For his part, the singer’s son said: “Amer’s photo was put along with my photo on my father’s album because my father took the song Hilo Wa Kaddab sung by Amer in her role in the play alongside my father, which carries the same title. I have never sung along with Amer.”
Amer confirmed that Abdel Rehim had not consulted her regarding the inclusion of this song in his album. “He should have known my point of view, this is another thing I’m going to sue Shaaban for,’’ the miffed actress added.
The singer’s son has followed in his father’s footsteps by singing anti-Israel pop tunes, mostly recently targeting Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon -- Albawaba.com
© 2001 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Does Shaaban Abdel Rehim Reflect Average Egyptian’s Pulse?
- Shaaban Abdel Rehim to Show Michael Jackson that Mideast Politics Ain’t Kiddin’ Around
- Wafaa Amer: Millions of Dollars Can’t Buy My Heart
- Stalker Threatens to Give Pop Singer an Acid Bath
- Shaaban Abdel Rehim's Shoes, 'Low Art' Provoke Egyptian Shura Council's Culture Committee