Well, if that’s the least you can do: Adel Imam settles for a 15 mill' gig
Some things are just worth it. While 15 million Egyptian pounds may sound like a fortune for folks like us, it's chump change for the king of comedy. It's the smallest amount that Adel Imam has ever received for an acting gig. The Egyptian actor has agreed to this “meager wage” for his role in the Ramadan TV drama “Al Araf” (The Fortune Teller) because he knows it will be a big hit.
Adel's strong connection with producer of the drama, Tamer Mursi, also led him to agree to the salary and participate in the drama, for which Adel had selected most of the cast.
According to Sayidaty.net, the drama revolves around the personality of a fortuneteller that scams people and is revealed for the fraud he really is. The drama stars Adel, Hussein Fahmi, Tal'at Zakaria, Rasha Mahdi and is directed by Rami Imam.
Should the king of comedy have demanded more? What do you think?
- Rolling in the big bucks: Adel Imam to receive an “open cheque” for upcoming TV role
- Rumor has it wrong: Adel Imam did not verbally attack Khaled Yousif
- He's still got it! A confident Adel Imam gives strict orders to his Ramadan drama buyers
- Old fashioned Adel Imam furious with newfangled fraudsters
- Arab Movie Stars on Mubarak.