2 Kings of comedy, 1 production: Adel Imam & Mahmoud Yacine join forces in show business
Adel Imam and Mahmoud Yacine may be working together for the first time in their long careers. (Image: Facebook)
Adel Imam and Mahmoud Yacine have been in show business for over 30 years, but surprisingly have never appeared in the same production.
But what do you know, the two Kings of Egyptian comedy have finally been nominated to join forces and work on a joint acting project next year.
The two will appear in the upcoming Ramadan drama “Saheb El Sa'adah” (His Excellency) if all goes to plan.
Adel said that he's ben holding extensive meetings with Ma'ati and the show's director Rami Imam – who happens to be his son by the way!
The script has not yet been fully written by Youssef Ma'ati, as Yacine said that he's only received the first 12 episodes of the series to read over, according to Sayidaty.net.
Yacine added that Rami nominated him for the role, but that he's not yet said 'yes' to the offer.
The actor said that he's honored to act alongside Adel but will give his final decision once he's carefully read the entire script.
Adel noted that Egyptian actress Lebleba has been nominated for one of the leading roles in the series and that he's currently working alongside Youssef and Rami on picking the remainder of the cast.
- Choices choices: Mahmoud Yacine favors the 'King of Comedy' over Dolly Shahine
- Egypt's King of Comedy Adel Imam meets Tunisia's President Essebsi
- Bye bye Mahmoud Yacine, hello Farouk El Fishawi!
- Make time for your family this Holy Month of Ramadan as OSN provides you ‘anytime, anywhere’ access to 12 brand-new Arabic shows and more
- Sanctions against Iran Now Imminent