Ahlam is bare-faced and beautiful in Mecca!
A makeup-free Queen and her son Fahad. (Instagram)
The Emirati singer and Arab Idol judge Ahlam Alshamsi has shared a photo of her visit to Mecca with her son Fahad.
Queen Ahlam appears with a head cover and without any makeup, while her little boy wears traditional “Ihram” clothing.
In her post, Ahlam comments “Thank God, visiting the holy place Mecca as [I do] every year - wishing you all would come and visit. A photo of me and my son Fahad. May God guide him to the correct path,”
The Emirati singer visits Mecca every year to perform the Umrah, and always shares the experience with her fans.
The pictures are a marked departure from Ahlam's usual glammed up and heavily painted look, and it has now become fashionable for celebrities to 'dare to bare' their faces without makeup and share them with their fans.
Selfie Queen (Instagram)
Last month, Lebanese singer and actress Haifa Wehbe posted some makeup-free selfies - showing that she is even more beautiful without makeup than with it on!
Could this trend really take off in MENA?
- Prince Khaled Al Faisal Bin Abdulaziz inaugurates first ever Saudi International Boat Show
- Show me the money! Haifa Wehbe highest paid actress this holy month
- First Saudi international boat show exceeds all expectations
- Arsenal star Özil performs Umrah in Mecca
- 11 Photos that prove Haifa Wehbe is the Queen of Instagram!