Ahlam refuses to take antidepressants
Prominent UAE singer Ahlam has advised her fans to avoid taking antidepressants to treat stress and depression, claiming that such medications have strong side effects.
Ahlam said that the best medication to ease a person’s mind and to alleviate depression is reading the holy Quran for it is the remedy for all ailments.Recently, one of the members on Ahlam’s official page on Twitter asked the singer which antidepressant she felt was most helpful to bring her out of depression.
Ahlam immediately answered the member, advising her to stay away from any drug. Ahlam also said that she has never taken medication to bring her out of depression or any other psychological state.According to the internet website MBC.net, Ahlam is considered one of the most active artists on social networking sites, and that she interacts daily with her fans on Twitter.
- Ahlam and Somaya al Khashab get (verbally) lovey dovey with each other!
- Listen up ladies: Agony Aunt Ahlam advises women to “stamp on their men's heads”
- The claws are out as Dominique refuses to take Ahlam's Twitter taunts lying down
- Ahlam refuses to undergo routine SARS checkup in Egypt
- Al Jazeerah Arts backs out of distributing Ahlam’s album