No can do! Ahmed Helmy turns down Casablanca International Film Festival invitation
Egyptian comedian actor Ahmed Helmy turned down an invitation to attend the Casablanca International Film Festival, which runs from 14-20 June; no monkey business but due to prior work commitments.
The actor is currently busy filming scenes for his upcoming film "Soni'a Fi Misr" (Made in Egypt), but has sent a sincere thank you message to the festival organizers for choosing to honor him at their prestigious event.
According to Laha Magazine, a new actor will be chosen to be honored in place of Helmy, alongside actors Dalia al Buhairi and Hassan Mustafa.
In other news, Ahmed was shocked to learn that his official Twitter account had been hacked and was bombarded with political statements made on his behalf!
One of the tweets claimed that Helmy didn't attend the Presidential inauguration of Al Sisi because he supported his opponent Hamadeen instead, something that Ahmed immediately denied.
- Will the real Ahmed Helmy please get on Twitter, please get on Twitter
- Two funny Egyptians, one Chinese film: Ahmed Helmy & Nelly Karim do "Made in China"
- Ahmed Helmy holds out on “Made in China” ‘til Arabs Got Talent ends
- Not so funny! Comedian Ahmed Helmy threatens Twitter/FB impersonators
- Ahmed Helmy's latest role is no "Monkey" business