Ahmed Helmy posts "I'm never producing a film again" before quickly deleting it!
Ahmed is terribly upset by the pirating of his films. (Image: Facebook)
Feels like bad luck follows Ahmed Helmy whenever film producing is involved!
The Egyptian comedian actor's latest film, produced by him, was leaked and pirated with very poor quality, which has extremely angered him.
Helmy called the "Suni'a Fi Masr" (Made in Egypt) pirates "thieves" and accused them of having no consideration for the hard work and funds that go into making films, reports Laha Magazine. Word!
He also found it strange that those who pirate films take pride in what they do and boast about it to their friends!
The actor said that he's only produced three films in his career and all three were leaked and pirated. So, what's a producer got to do? In Helmy's case, he's vowed to never produce another film again.
He added that he wishes good luck for any producer who decides to produce in such "sorry conditions."
To some, Ahmed's statement was considered odd, but what was even stranger was deleting the statement after only one hour of posting it. Hmm, a change of heart, perhaps?
Only time will tell whether he really intends on sticking to his decision or not!
- Ahmed Helmy holds out on “Made in China” ‘til Arabs Got Talent ends
- No can do! Ahmed Helmy turns down Casablanca International Film Festival invitation
- Two funny Egyptians, one Chinese film: Ahmed Helmy & Nelly Karim do "Made in China"
- Ahmed Helmy Stands-Up for Egypt
- Ahmed Helmy makes good on promise to AGT contestant to star in his new film "Made in China"