Two funny Egyptians, one Chinese film: Ahmed Helmy & Nelly Karim do "Made in China"
In their first ever collaboration together, Egyptian comedic actor Ahmed Helmy, AKA “The Prince,” and fellow Egyptian actress Nelly Karim will be starring together in the film "Suni' Fil Seen" (Made in China).
Sounds like fun! According to Laha Magazine, Ahmed nominated Nelly for the role, which she happily accepted. Now, Miss Nelly is feeling the pressure as she's cramming in the extra hours wrap up filming her upcoming film "Youm Lil Sittat" (A Day for Women), in order to free herself up for “Made in China.”
The 'secret' script was written by Mustafa Helmy; this was his first attempt at film-writing. However, Ahmed didn't seem to be nervous or mind taking a chance -- he was super enthusiastic about the film project which is being directed by Amro Salama.
On the D-L
What's the movie about? Ahmed has asked his cast and crew members to keep schtum about the deets; he wants it to be a surprise to his fans!
Filming is scheduled to begin at the end of December, now that “judge” Ahmed's done with the Live finals of Arabs Got Talent. Watch this space!
- Ahmed Helmy holds out on “Made in China” ‘til Arabs Got Talent ends
- Hey Nelly Karim, it’s your birthday, we’re gonna party like it’s your birthday!
- Ahmed Helmy makes good on promise to AGT contestant to star in his new film "Made in China"
- The show is still on! Nelly Karim crushes rumors that "A Day for Women" is in financial crisis mode
- Nelly Karim wears a Hijab