Akon rocks to Beats on the Beach in Abu Dhabi
Akon has been announced as a surprise new act for Yasalam’s Beats on the Beach this weekend.
The Senegalese American R’n’B and hip hop recording artist joins acts including Cee-Lo Green, Spice Girl Mel C, Missy Elliot, Maya Diab and Tamer Hosny for the series of free concerts planned at Al Sahil Beach, Abu Dhabi Corniche, over the F1 weekend.
The Grammy-nominated singer and producer will perform on Thursday November 1 at the free Beats on the Beach concert, before heading to Yas Island where he will headline the first night of SKYBAR Abu Dhabi – the only official parties for the after-race concerts.
Best known for hits Smack That and I Wanna Love You, Akon often sings hooks for other artists and is credited with more than 300 guest appearances on songs. He has worked with big industry players including Michael Jackson, Quincy Jones, Eminem, Snoop Dogg, Whitney Houston, Lil Wayne, 50 Cent, Bone Thugs-N-Harmony, Gwen Stefani and many more. Tickets for SKYBAR start from Dh500; Beats on the Beach is free.
By Kelly Crane
- Spice Girls and Desert Heat on the beach
- Dubai won't be "Lonely" with Akon in town! Bad boy rapper is taking over Cavalli Club
- Cee Lo still set for Abu Dhabi despite rumors of sex assault
- Champage wars: Akon gets drenched in pricey bubbly at Abu Dhabi club
- Eminem and his Toy Soldiers march to the beats on Abu Dhabi's beach