Over 30 international artists to take part in Dubai's Dub Fest street festival
Dubai’s original shopping mall, the Al Ghurair Center, has added dashes of color to commuter’s journeys in Deira by placing hundreds of brightly colored bicycles outside metro stations near the center. The bikes represent the color, creativity and vitality present in Deira.
The bikes pave the way for next week’s Dub Fest international street theater and comedy fair. The Middle East’s largest event of its kind will see over 30 international street artists take to the streets surrounding the Al Ghurair Center to perform over 300 shows to thousands of spectators over ten days from March 20 to 29.
Dub Fest will see acts, including Guinness world record holders showcasing their incredible and unique talents, here for the first time ever. The acts include Rubberband Boy, who holds the impressive world record for the having most rubber bands round his face at one time and Micha De Hann, a balloon artist who has created extraordinary giant balloon sculptures on every continent.
In addition to these acts, ex-Cirque du Soleil performers and many other internationally acclaimed street artists will also be performing interactive and family friendly shows daily, for free.
Spectators can watch these shows on the inner street of the Al Ghurair Center, Rigga Road, Deira, from four to 11 p.m on weekdays and from 2 p.m.at weekends.
- 200,000 visitors and counting make a spectacular start for Dubai's Dub Fest Street Festival
- Iraqi Artist to Take Part in Saudi Ginadria Festival
- Dubai Culture marks April with city-wide art and cultural activation as part of 2nd Dubai Art Season
- HSBC Rugby Festival Dubai taking place in Dubai this weekend
- Rigga Street– a festive celebration of Dubai