Al-Jazeera to Launch Documentary, Economic Channels in 2002
The popular Qatari satellite television network al-Jazeera will launch two new channels, one documentary and the other economic, in early 2002, the station's head said to AFP Saturday.
Mohammad Jassem al-Ali added that the documentary channel "will focus primarily on subjects that interest the Arab world," but gave no details on the topics the economic channel will cover.
Al-Jazeera, founded in 1996 shortly after Qatari Emir Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa al-Thani took power, has become immensely popular in the Arab world for its frank coverage of social and political issues -- AFP
© 2001 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Qatar's Al-Jazeera TV lives up to reputation as Arab world's CNN
- Al Jazeera Sept. 11 documentary available in Arabic; soon to come out in English
- Cable TV Network to Launch Documentary Channel
- Al Jazeera Children’s Channel presents Pakistan 7.6
- Al-Jazeera requires business creativity as it faces financial pressures