Al Wasmi mixes four different folk songs into one
During the “Eid” holiday (Muslim holiday after Ramadan) Emirati singer Al Wasmi released a music video clip for his new song from the Emirati folklore genre.
The new song is called “Al Taresh.”
He chose four different Emirati Folk songs and mixed them into one new song, while retaining the beat of the original songs.
According to the London daily Elaph, Al Wismi’s song “Rasha,” released in 2007 was also a mix of folk songs.
Al Wasmi worked with the Emirati director Rakan on the clip. Emirati actress Raziqa Al Taresh plays the role of the mother in the clip and Al Wasmi gives a minor acting performance.
Al Wasmi refused to star in a number of Khaliji television drama series. One offer was for one million Emirati Dirham for the role.
- Al Wasmi flirts with Mashael Al Znkoy
- Get your folk on for three days of music fun at Jacob’s Ladder Festival in Israel this May
- Guns N' Roses keyboardist tells UAE fans to stick around for encore
- Al Wasmi keeping busy with his music
- Egypt's Hayy Music Festival proves super successful despite political turmoil