US poet ventures across the pond to help Alexandria get cultural this Feb
El-Cabina Arts Centre, one of the projects of the Gudran Association for Arts and Development, is to host a poetry recital by American poet Andy Young, accompanied by a music concert by Moahmoud Youssef and a photography exhibition by Salwa Rashad, on 22 February at its Alexandria venue.
El-Cabina's cultural night is organised to commemorate the Egyptian revolution and the struggles that Egyptians face today. American poet Andy Young will recite poetry from her book 'People is Singular' published in 2011.
Alongside the poetry recital, El-Cabina will feature a photography exhibition by Salwa Rashad, which had been published next to Young's poetry in 'People is Singular.'
The event will also include a music concert by one of Alexandria's local musicians, Mahmoud Youssef.
The poetry recital will be also translated into Arabic and will be read by Egyptian artists Khaled Hegazy and Sara Swidan.
Friday, 22 February, 7pm
El-Cabina, 11 Saint Saba Street, Alexandria
- Jahida Wahbe at the Dubai Poetry Festival
- Get it girl! Jahida Wehbe spices up Sharjah World Music Festival
- The next hip art movement? In Egypt's conservative coastal city of Alexandria
- Khaled Abed Al Rahman and Shireen Abed Al Wahab glowed together
- Something to look forward to: Egypt's culture picks of the week: 2-9 February