Alexandria Festival Nixes Israeli and Gay Films
The management of the Alexandria Film Festival is giving the thumbs-down to Israeli and gay-themed films.
Two Israeli films have been barred, and the screening committee has also nixed four European films that discuss gay and lesbian issues, according to the Qatari daily Al Raya.
Some 70 films from 36 countries are scheduled to compete in the September 4-11 event.
Egyptian artist Sabri Al Bili has finished designing a statue of actress Faten Hamamah, who will be honored by the festival as the star of the century.
The Best Actress award will carry Hammah’s name - Albawaba.com
- Omar al Sherif Honored to Head Int’l Montpellier Film Fest
- Three Egyptian films to compete in Carthage Fest
- Kinda Alloush will be judging your next movie at the 29th Alexandria Film Festival
- Nadia al Jundi to be honored at the Alexandria Film Festival
- Damascus Film Fest Opens Doors to International Cinema