All in the name of Syria: Amal Arafa stars in "The Sacrifice"
The Syrian Radio and Television General Organization has announced that its first project for the year 2014 will be a new drama featuring Syrian actress Amal Arafa.
The TV drama, “Al Qurban” (The Sacrifice), was written by Rami Kusa and will be directed by Alaeddine Kukash.
The first scenes of the series have already been filmed in Damascus. Amal will be playing one of the leading female roles and will go by the name of “Yara.”
Kukas said that the drama attempts to answer the one-million-dollar question, which is why Syria is in the state that it is in today.
The drama will shed light on the different factors that have led to the crisis in the streets and within the homes of every Syrian citizen.
According to Elaph news, filming locations will be around different neighborhoods in Syria. The events of the series will begin from 2010 and end up in 2011.
Actors starring alongside Amal will be Jihad Saed, Samer Ismael, Ala Al Basha, Nadine Tahsin Baik, Shadi Maqrash, Najlaa Al Khamri, Fayez Qazaq and others.
- Behind the scenes of "The Sacrifice", Amal Arafeh and Nadine Tahsin Baik are seen in special attire
- Nadine Tahseen Bek, leading star in “Qalbi Maak”
- No dough, no show: Amal Arafa turns down acting job, wants more money
- Reunited and feelin' good: Amal Arafa back with hubby after a week apart
- Shock Horror: Amal Arafa divorces hubby