It's the patter of little feet for Amal and George!
George, Amal, Millie, and Louie Clooney. (Facebook)
George and Amal Clooney have adopted a dog.
The couple - who tied the knot in a lavish Italian ceremony in 2014 - adopted a four- year-old basset hound named Millie, who was rescued by the San Gabriel Valley Humane Society in California.
The Humane Society shared a photograph on its Facebook page of the couple with Millie and their other canine Louie, 10, who they rescued in March.
SGVHS wrote: "ADOPTED! Millie was adopted by George Clooney and his wife Amal!! Millie, a bassett hound, now has a new brother named Louie who is also a rescue! Congratulations and thank you for adopting!!"
A message on the charity's website also detailed how Millie got to know her new family.
It said: "Millie was found without a home and hoping for food scraps outside of a local restaurant in San Gabriel earlier this month.
"Today her luck changed for the better when she was adopted by George and Amal Clooney. They were searching for a basset hound and saw Millie's picture on Petfinder. They did a 'meet and greet' with her and spent time introducing her to their other rescue, a cocker spaniel named Louie.
It was good news that Millie and Louie hit it off and the happy, new family headed home together! We hope Millie will stay in touch and send photos.
Congratulations to the Clooney family and thank you for adopting!"
- That's underselling it! George Clooney says him and wife Amal live a "normal" life!
- George Clooney has other plans? Actor to miss his first Amal-versary!
- Let them eat cake! Honeymooners George and Amal too loved-up to give the hungry protesting Venetians much attention
- Amal's a southern belle as she and George visit his hometown in Kentucky!
- Sorry lovers, Amal Maher is reportedly off the market!