"American Hustle" earns Best Picture of 2013 and a slot in DIFF!
The New York Film Critics Circle Tuesday voted
American Hustle the Best Picture of 2013.
Hustle scribes Eric Singer and David O. Russell also earned the Best Screenplay prize, and cast member Jennifer Lawrence was declared the winner in the Best Supporting Actress category.
Steve McQueen won the Best Director honor for helming
12 Years a Slave, while Cate Blanchett won the Best Actress accolade for her role in
Blue Jasmine and Robert Redford was chosen Best Actor for
All is Lost.
Jared Leto earned the Best Supporting Actor award for
Dallas Buyers Club and
Blue is the Warmest Color was named Best Foreign Language Film.
I'm very happy with the work we've done today, 2013 NYFCC Chairman, Time Out New York's Joshua Rothkopf, said in a statement.
The complexion of our group guarantees some surprises, but we always vote from our hearts. It was an extremely strong year for American movies.
- Dubai International Film Festival jury head Cate Blanchett won best actress at Golden Globes
- Affleck's Iranian drama scoops up top award at this year's Oscars
- DIFF jury head Cate Blanchett snags another "Best Actress" award
- That's a wrap! DIFF draws final curtain on film festival with Hollywood's American Hustle
- DIFF curtain closing film "American Hustle" reunited stars Christian Bale and David O. Russell