Amitab Bachan Shows Up for Alexandria Festival After All
Indian superstar actor Amitab Bachhan arrived in Egypt on Sunday, where he will be honored at the Alexandria Film Festival later this month, according to the daily Al Ahram.
The news came after weeks of speculation as to whether or not Bachan would be coming. But in the end, after some hemming and hawing, the star declared that in appreciation of the festival, he would take a time out from shooting his new film in Los Angles to show up.
Bachan’s wife, Indian actress Jaya Bhaduri, will be the head of the festival’s jury.
Last year, Bachan was set to star in a live concert at Cairo stadium that was cancelled at the last minute.
The last time the Indian superstar came to Egypt, Cairolive.com said, he was mobbed by fans. But that was at the height of the Indian movie craze in Egypt, and these days people are more infatuated with American and Egyptian films – Albawaba.com
- Indian Star Turns Down Alexandria Film Festival
- Alexandria Film Fest Head to Punish Egypt’s Stars
- Omar al Sherif Honored to Head Int’l Montpellier Film Fest
- Laila Elwi and Leonardo DiCaprio honored at the Marrakech Cinema Festival
- Kinda Alloush will be judging your next movie at the 29th Alexandria Film Festival