Amr Diab eliminated from ‘Hala February Festival’
The organizing committee of the Annual Hala (Hello)February Music Festival in Kuwait has announced that Egyptian singer Amr Diab will not participate in this year’s events. The committee stated that Diab was not nominated alongside other singers who will take part in the festival due to the fact that he demanded a wage of 200 thousand US dollar for his performance; an amount the committee felt was too high.
The committee added that Diab’s wage for last year’s performance was 80 thousand US dollars only and the enormous increase, in addition to the singer’s conditions that he would only participate if Egyptian singers Tamer Husni and Mohammad Hamaqi were not invited without revealing the reasons for such a request.
Negotiations are currently being held with other Egyptian singers, who are as popular as Amr, to participate in the events of this year’s festivals, according to the Kuwaiti based daily, Al Qabas.
- Hala February Fest Launched Under Banner ‘Helwa Ya Kuwait’
- Amr Diab denies being kept away from “Hala February”
- 'Tis the reason to be jolly: Amr Diab to take part in Hala February Festival
- Ahlam to sing for 40 thousand US dollar at the Hello February Festival
- The region's hottest stars set fire to the Hala February Music Festival in Kuwait